ETIM Top Tips
Over the coming months we’ll be entering the next phase of the ETIM journey as we launch the ETIM-UK Working Groups. These Groups will work to define the ETIM standard for your product ranges. Look out for the invitations to attend the ETIM-UK Working Groups.
In the meantime, there’s plenty you can be doing to prepare for your ETIM journey and here are our top tips:
- Watch the short ETIM movie
- Download the latest version of the ETIM classification. ETIM 7.0 was released in September 2017.
- Watch the Classification Management Tool (CMT) tutorial
- Do some preliminary reading on BMEcat – the preferred transfer protocol for data, this would be useful when importing or exporting data
- Audit data held for each SKU
- De-duplicate attributes
- Identify missing digital assets for each SKU – such as images and data sheets
- Create a glossary of abbreviations so they are used in a consistent way when creating data in future
- Map existing digital assets to existing SKUs and ranges
- Define meaningful standardised ‘long description templates’ using product attributes which will optimise them for search engines
- Identify cross-sell/up-sell opportunities for existing products
- Create a spreadsheet of marketing features or USPs that can be easily loaded into the Product Information Management (PIM) system when implemented
- Start to classify your products to the ETIM classes.
If you have any questions about any aspect of ETIM please contact David Bate, ETIM-Project Manager at the EDA on 020 3141 7350.