There’s plenty you can be doing to prepare for your ETIM journey and here are our top tips:
- Watch the short ETIM movie
- Download the latest version of the ETIM classification. ETIM 7.0 was released in September 2017.
- Watch the Classification Management Tool (CMT) tutorial
- Do some preliminary reading on BMEcat – the preferred transfer protocol for data, this would be useful when importing or exporting data
- Audit data held for each SKU
- De-duplicate attributes
- Identify missing digital assets for each SKU – such as images and data sheets
- Create a glossary of abbreviations so they are used in a consistent way when creating data in future
- Map existing digital assets to existing SKUs and ranges
- Define meaningful standardised ‘long description templates’ using product attributes which will optimise them for search engines
- Identify cross-sell/up-sell opportunities for existing products
- Create a spreadsheet of marketing features or USPs that can be easily loaded into the Product Information Management (PIM) system when implemented
- Start to classify your products to the ETIM classes.