Your opportunity to lead the creation of the ETIM Standard for your products
The EDA has launched the first batch of 25 Standardisation Working Groups (SWG), whose role it will be to lead the creation of the ETIM-UK standard. Product experts from across the sector will pool their knowledge to refine and anglicise the ETIM Standard for the UK. Once created, ETIM-UK will be incorporated into the International version of ETIM for global use.
Margaret Fitzsimons, EDA Director, added,
“This is a crucial and detailed piece of work, not just for individual companies but for the industry as a whole.
“It will provide the basis for companies to get its product data into the ETIM format, which is increasingly being demanded by wholesalers in the UK and across the globe.”
The full list of 25 Standardisation Working Groups is set out below. We will update this list with the dates and times of the Standardisation Working Groups as they are announced. If you would like to lead the creation of ETIM-UK for your product, follow the links below.
Venue for the Working Groups
Unless otherwise stated, the Working Group meetings will be held at the EDA’s new offices, Rotherwick House, 3 Thomas More Street, St Katharine’s and Wapping, London E1W 1YZ. If you have any questions, please call the EDA on 020 3141 7350.
Full list of the ETIM-UK Standardisation Working Groups
- Cable – 10.30am Wednesday 8 November 2017
- Cable Accessories – 10.30am Tuesday 28 November 2017
- Cable Management – Channel and Trunking – 10.30am Wednesday 29 November 2017
- Cable Management – Cable/Wire Tray/Rack & Conduit – 10.30am Tuesday 5 December 2017
- Fire Protection and Alarm Equipment
- Heating – Water
- Heating – Space
- Heating – Accessories and controls
- Industrial Controls
- Instrumentation, Meters & Test Equipment
- IT and Data Infrastructure
- Lamps and Tubes – 10.30am Monday 13 November 2017
- Lighting Controls, Luminaires and Emergency Lighting – 10.30am Tuesday 21 November 2017
- Safety and Security Equipment
- Switchgear and Distribution Equipment – relays, sensors, PLCs, LV industrial components
- Switchgear and Distribution Equipment – meters, panels, and distribution boards
- Tools – hand tools
- Tools – power tools and accessories
- Tool – lifting equipment and consumables
- Wiring Accessories – Switches – 10.30am Monday 11 December 2017
- Wiring Accessories – earthing/serge protection, terminal blocks and connection devices
- Wiring Accessories – industrial plugs and sockets